Ladies get your dirndls and guys put on your lederhosen and head on over to the Jasper Strassenfest. Enjoy food booths, German music, kids activities, a beer garden, and much much more!
Here are some neat facts about the Strassenfest. Some of these NUMBERS may surprise you…
- 35,000-40,000 people attend the Strassenfest each year.
- 1300lbs of cookie dough was ordered and sold each year by the Patoka Lake Sailing Club. Plus, 236 lbs of chocolate chips! Can we say MONSTER COOKIE!
- 1360 potatoes were used in 2021 to make the Holy Trinity Saint chips for the Strassenfest. Thats 850lbs.
- 249 kegs of beer were drunk during the Strassenfest. That’s 30,876 pints of beer. Now that’s a lot of beer!
- 3198 elephant ears were sold at the 2021 Strassenfest by the Indiana Southwest Futbol Club.
- 868lbs of bratwurst were sold in the 2019 by the German Club.
- 48 is how many times you slap your left foot during the Schulplattler dance.
- 14 miles is the number of miles one person took in the Trinity UCC booth. She also never left the booth.
- 20 years is how long the Celebration Singers have been performing at Strassenfest.
- 6 gallons of blue raspberry snow cone syrup was used by the DCA parent club in 2021.
- 1987 was the first year the log sawing competition was debuted. It’s still going strong to this day.
- 1986 was the first year the Budweiser Clydesdales made their appearance.
- 1979 was the first year the Queen’s contest was held on the main stage. It is not held at the Arts Center.
The Jasper Strassenfest has been around for 43 years. The first weekend in August was chosen for the celebration back in 1979. The opening ceremonies start on Thursday night and ends with a parade on Sunday. Some traditions have stayed the same, some no longer exist, and of course they have added new events. The Strassenfest location is around the square in Jasper. This year though, they moved the location due to the revitalization going on. Even though the change of location, you and your family will still have a great time.