Huntingburg, Ind. – Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center is eager to announce the 10th annual Heartland Half Marathon, scheduled for Saturday, September 3, 2022! 2022’s race will happen in a new location…Huntingburg, Indiana! This community, fun-filled event will include a half marathon, 5K, team challenge and kids’ fun run.
With the new location, this year’s event has a new route filled with countryside views, a charming downtown, and historic landmarks that set the scene for your run through these Southern Indiana riches.
The Heartland Half Maraton-5K Team Challenge & Kids Fun Run will continue to rotate to Huntingburg (2022) and Ferdinand (2023) showcasing Dubois County’s continued evolution. (Reminder: 2021’s race was held in Jasper, Indiana.)
Half marathon participants will receive a new commemorative medal for every race in this circuit. Each medal connects to depict the county’s geographic landscape, displaying iconic emblems honoring the area’s heritage! Pre-registrants will receive a shirt, and the first 500 half marathon registrants will receive a special gift.
Be sure to sign up today! The registration fees are as follows:
- Half Marathon: $60 now until June 19. The fee will increase to $70 starting June 20, and then again to $80 on August 8 until race day.
- 5K: $25 now until June 19. The fee will increase to $30 June 20 until race day.
- Team Challenge: $25 per person/$100 per team until June 19. Then the fee increases to $30 per person/ $120 per team until race day.
- Kids Fun Run: $20 before August 7; $25 starting August 8 until race day/
The Heartland event is grounded with community support as the majority of proceeds (90%) will be split between two benefactors:
- The Phillip R. Dawkins Heart & Vascular Center to be utilized for new integrative medicine services provided to patients at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center
- Girls on the Run Southwest Indiana, allowing the organization to grant financial assistance to girls from low-economic backgrounds to ensure equitable and inclusive program access.
The remaining 10% goes into the DC Multisport Endowment for succession planning of the organization and future charitable donations.