Every year, thousands of people pour into Ferdinand to visit the unique Christkindlmarkt Heritage Markets, voted as one of the Top 100 Events in North America by the American Bus
Every year, thousands of people pour into Ferdinand to visit the unique Christkindlmarkt Heritage Markets, voted as one of the Top 100 Events in North America by the American Bus Association in 2012. These markets, which are the result of a concept beginning in 14th century Germany, feature lavishly decorated booths spilling over with Christmas wares, antiques, and gifts of exemplary quality, delicious regional food, live entertainment, a free concert, free tours, and so much more. The Christkindlmarkt operates at six sites: Ferdinand Community Center, Tri-County YMCA, Ferdinand American Legion, Forest Park High School Practice Gym, Jr. High Gym, & Cafeteria, and our newest sites, the Monastery Event Hall & Ferdinand Elementary Gym.
November 17 & 18, 2018
Embrace the Traditions… Handmade treasures, primitive and antiques, delicious regional foods, wine tasting, over 200 booths in a festive setting!
Event highlights include:
- Christkindl Angel Appearance Opening Ceremonies (Fri, Nov. 16)
- Christkindlmarkt Eve Dinner with Musical Entertainment (Fri, Nov. 16)
- Marionette Theater
- Concert by the Celebration Singers
- Tours of the Monastery & Lights on the Grotto
- Free Shuttle Service between Markt Sites
- Glockenspiel Performances & Live Entertainment
- Mass with German Hymns
- Stillpoint/Sisters of St. Benedict Concert
17 (Saturday) 9:00 am - 18 (Sunday) 4:00 pm Eastern Time